Come in! Come in!

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a Hope-er, a Pray-er, a Magic Bean buyer; if you're a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -- Shel Silverstein

Friday, June 11, 2010

Broken Glasses

You'll forgive me, I'm sure. I'm not sure if I can forgive myself.

I broke my glasses.

I was reaching for some beach towels in the laundry room. They cam crashing down on me. The next thing I know, my glasses were broken.

I did get a pair of one of those butt-ugly $14.99 CVS glasses for general purposes, but they are not for reading.

I'm heading over to my optometrist's office to see if I can get them replaced today. I'd much rather keep my money local but if they can't do it, it's off to feed the corporate machine and use Lens Crafters.

So, bear with me.

I know. I'm asking you to do more than I am able to do myself.

I'll be back as soon as I can.

3 comments:

Joanna Depue said...

GRRRRRRRRR .... I HATE when that happens! Prayers ascending that you get the specs asap!

Jane Priest said...

Sorry about the glasses. I hope nothing else broke while we were there. How are the Apple products?? Truly, if one of them was even compromised by Patrick's coffee incident, please send me the bill for replacements (and as an owner of same, I know it would be big). In addition, as a grandmother to darling little ones with whom I know you love to spend time, do you know about the Otter case for the iPhone? I just bought one because of Patrick and it's the best shield ever.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

All is well. Just got home from LensCrafters - 40% off Liz Clairborn. Not "in love" with them, but they work just fine.

Patrick is a doll baby. He's welcome here any time. And, his mom and dad. Speaking of 'apples', hope Jesse liked the Ms. Thang Apple. ;~)